Tuesday, November 3, 2015

MXWA Reunion Show Incomplete without "Midnight" and "The Blue Rocket"

I caught wind the other day that Midwest Xtreme Wrestling Alliance was going to be having a reunion show sometime in March. I have yet to be contacted about this event. I hope that I will be. However, if I am not, I accept and respect that decision.

I can't say that it won't bother me at all if I end up not being booked, because it will. I feel that "The All American" Stephen Stonebraker and "Cousin Larry" were both a part of the phenomenal ensemble of talent that made MXWA a success. I was both a hated heel that drew a lot of heat and a beloved fan favorite. We did a great job of entertaining the communities of Muscatine, West Liberty and Iowa City. I was very much a part of that and I enjoyed being a part of that. I do not deserve to be on an MXWA show anymore than anyone else who helped to make MXWA a success, but I do deserve to be a part of it more than someone brought in from another company. These are my opinions and I realize that they are not shared with everyone else. As I said before there is a high probability that I will not be contacted for the MXWA show. In the minds of some, that is the correct decision to make.

It is a strong possibility that "The Blue Rocket" and "Midnight" might also not be booked for the show. Much more so than myself, the idea of neither one of these guys on this upcoming March of 2016 reunion show is an absolute travesty. "Midnight" is THE VOICE of MXWA. He IS MXWA in so many ways. While we all loved and embraced MXWA, few were as passionate and loyal to the company as Midnight. I keep on waiting for him to contact me saying that he has been booked and that he will be doing play by play color commentary for the show. That would be the right thing to do. Yet, I fear that the moment may not come. I can't think of a single reason why it shouldn't. If anyone deserves to be a part of this show, "Midnight" does.

"The Blue Rocket" also deserves to be a part of this show for many reasons. Perhaps most importantly out of respect. A Central Empire Wrestling show took place in November of 2013, where differences were put aside and people who helped to make CEW a success were booked. In fairness, because it is the right thing to do, the favor should be returned. I hope that it is.

MXWA was a fun, exciting professional wrestling company that entertained fans in a section of southeastern Iowa. It was a success because of a multitude of people who contributed to it. I was one of them. "Midnight" was one of them and "The Blue Rocket" was one of them. As far as I'm concerned that should be acknowledged.

For all those who are going to be a part of MXWA's March of 2016 reunion show, I am happy for all of you. You earned it and you deserve it. I hope you have a blast and a tremendously successful show.


No comments:

Post a Comment