Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Possible Returning Characters to CHUCKY

 Let's face it CHUCKY Season One was a hit. There's going to be a season two & like COBRAI KAI there will be plenty more seasons after that.  Also like COBRA KAI the thought of returning characters from previous installments is almost a given. As to who exactly will and who exactly won't be returning, that's a bit more of a mystery.  Here are my thoughts. 

KAREN BARCLAY 

The character deserves closure and transparency. She stood up for her son and did everything she could be protect him. She's the epitome of what a loving mother is. She deserves her vindication, she has earned it. To think that she spent time in a mental institution & that she was kept from her son for all those years because of Chucky. She deserves to have her moment of vengeance. 

MIKE NORRIS 


I can tell you exactly how I would like to see the character of Mike Norris come full circle.  In partial he's to blame for Karen's incarceration as well. His denying everything that happened and lying about it caused the Barclay family a lot of grief. In a dying effort I would like Detective Norris to make up for it. Give the character a chance to redeem himself and earn his forgiveness while at the same time allowing Chucky to make good on his word that he would get Norris back for killing him while he was still Charles Lee Ray. 

JACK SANTOS 

The chances of seeing Detective Jack Santos back are slim to none. In fact, I'd say they are none. Nevertheless I'd love to see him make an appearance to get whacked by Chucky. Such a snood creep. "Yeah, but who's gonna believe me?"  You just know that he was the one that talked Mike Norris into denying everything and making the mom out to be a completely looney.  Worried so much about saving his own ass without any consideration to what would become of Andy. Yeah, I wanna see this character make a come back and get what he has coming to him. 

EDAN GROSS 

It would be just for shits and giggles but I think it'd be so much fun to get Edan Gross to do a cameo.  For those of you don't know he was the voice of the actual GOOD GUY doll. The "Heidi Ho, Ha Ha Ha."  The chances of Gross doing it are...he's not going to, but man what fun it would be. 

JUSTIN WHALIN 


Along the same lines I think it'd be fun to see Justin Whalin make an appearance in CHUCKY. Again wishful thinking and the star that would grant this wish burned out a long time ago. He quit acting nearly 15 years ago & I can't see him making a return. Then again I never thought they'd get Thomas Ian Griffin back for COBRA KAI either, so maybe...never say never.  I think what would be fun is for Jake, Lexy or Devon to mistake whatever character Whalin is playing for Barclay (Alex Vincent) and for Barclay to respond, "You honestly thought that was me? That guy looks nothing like me!" 

TYLER 

I would say for the simple fact that Don Mancini was never crazy about the Tyler character to begin with that most likely we won't be seeing Tyler again. However he did say that he liked Jeremy Sylvers so I wouldn't rule it out completely.  

DE SILVA 

With Kyle and Nica already on board, as well as Lexy & the possible return of Karen, I'm not sure if CHUCKY really needs another heroine or not. Regardless I would LOVE to see the return of De Silva. 

JESSE AND JADE 

You know what? Why not? What the Hell? I think in essence if you look at Chucky and Tiffany as in early 80's through all of the terror that they have caused, Jesse & Jade are nothing more than one of the many couples the two terrorized over the past 40 something years. All that makes them special is that we got to see their story unfold in a feature length film. I do find the characters interesting enough to see them make a come back. If nothing more, two more on the long list of Chucky victims. 

JOHN 


Raise your eyebrows? I mean, why not? If Chucky can come back 10,000 times from what John taught him with the power of Damballa, who's to say that John couldn't have done the same thing for himself? It's not that farfetched of an idea.  Furthermore what I think would be extremely clever is for one of the characters to discover the power themselves. In fact it's how I would end the series. I would do a complete reversal. Make it seem like Chucky & Tiffany will win. Make their victory seem inevitable.  Kill off Jake, Devon, Lexy, Kyle, all of the characters, even Andy. Make it seem in this case that evil wins. Then at the last second reveal that they all survived due to the power of Damballa.  What better way to see Chucky defeated once and for all in what would be the series finale. His own voodoo coming full circle to bite him in the ass once and for all. 


===


Glen/Glenda are already known to be making a return for sure.  

With that said, I am looking very forward to season two!! 


1 comment: