Friday, March 26, 2021

Jason Janes: Discovering His Origins

 My second trip to Bryon, Illinois is search of Jason Janes was mildly successful.  In my second attempt to reach James "Terry" Janes & Marilyn Janes, Jason's mother and father I was unsuccessful. I stopped by their home four times in five hours.  They did not seem to be home. 

The positives that came out of today were the following: 

At the Stillman Valley public library I found two year books that prove that indeed Jason Janes is Jason Janes' real name and that he did attend high school at Stillman Valley.  He was class of 1999.  Provided below is photographical evidence. 
In the yearbook was also a Jessica Janes. I found an address for her.  Upon investigating, she did not live there but her mother and father were there. 

I didn't speak long with them, but they were very friendly and provided some valuable information.  They didn't say anything negative about Jason but they didn't seem to be real crazy about him either. They said he rarely comes back & hadn't been back to the area since his grandfather died quite a few years ago.  They said that his mom & dad did still live in Byron.  The last they knew of him, he was living in Florida.  

I consider today a small success.  It tells me a few things.   Most likely his mom & his dad DID receive my letter asking them to call or to email me and it was ignored.  Jason Janes IS from that area. Jason Janes DID attend high school at Stillman Valley.  Jason Janes rarely shows up in Stillman Valley and doesn't seem to be well liked by his aunt and uncle.  

There is a possibility that I may go back to Byron a third time in the future.  I'm not sure if I'd be able to find anything more than what I already have but third times are often a charm. 


Jason Janes 
Junior Year (1998) 
Stillman Valley High School (Illinois) 
Cousin Jessica in photo next to him 


Jason Janes list of activities at Stillman Valley during his four years there. 

Jason Janes 
Senior Year (1999) 
Stillman Valley High School (Illinois) 



2 comments:

  1. Loki was someone who used people. Nothing else. He always saw me as some sort of enemy because I refused to blindly validate him.

    Let's talk. Email me: zackmichael@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is from Byron, Illinois. I am not sure if his parents still stay at their same house, but I used to go there in the early 2000s

    ReplyDelete