Saturday, February 25, 2017

Me at the Qualifying tournaments.

THIRD GRADE
Districts were held at Oskaloosa. I had no one in my bracket and was awarded first place!

AAU's were held at Cedar Rapids. I went 1-2. I was pinned my first match. Then I won by fall in my second match and then I lost 6-4 in my next match.

1. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney

FOURTH GRADE 
Districts were held at Oskaloosa. Michael Bucklin of Colfax-Mingo was the only one in my bracket. We wrestled the best of three. He beat me 3-1, I beat him 7-2 and then he beat me 2-1.  I took 2nd place.

1. Michael Bucklin Colfax Mingo
2. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney

AAU's were held at Cedar Rapids. I took third place. I won my first match by fall. I won my second match 13-0. In the quarterfinals, I was pinned by Jeff Tucker. In the R12 match I won by fall. In the consolation quarterfinals I won by fall. In the consolation semi-finals I won by forget the score. In the consolation finals I avenged my loss against Tucker with a 6-0 win.

1. Forget
2. Michael Bucklin Colfax Mingo
3. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
4. Jeff Tucker (Forget)
5th-8th (forget)



FIFTH GRADE
Districts were held at Oskaloosa.  I went 2-1 for the day. I pinned a kid from Knoxville, defeated Michael Bucklin of Colfax-Mingo 6-4 s.v. and then lost 5-2 to Darren Miller of Sigourney.

1. Darren Miller Sigourney
2. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
3. Kid from Knoxville
4. Michael Bucklin Colfax Mingo

AAU's were held at Oskaloosa. I went 2-2. I won my first two matches and then I was pinned by Charles Showalter of Cedar Rapids Prairie. Marcus "Buddy" Lewis eliminated me in the next round by pinning me in the third period with a throw.

6. Darren Miller Sigourney  (Don't know about 1st through 5th)

SIXTH GRADE 
Districts were held at Oskaloosa. I took 2nd place. I won my first two matches to make the finals and then lost in the finals to Colfax Mingo's Michael Bucklin.

1. Michael Bucklin Colfax Mingo
2. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
3. Don't remember
4. Don't remember

AAU's were held at Cedar Rapids. I took 4th place. First round I defeated the AAU champion from the year before, Tade Kracklio 2-1. Second round I won by fall. Quarter-finals, Gabe Venz pinned me in the second period. R12 match I won by fall. Consolation quarter-finals I pinned Marcus "Buddy" Lewis to avenge the year's previous loss. Consolation semi-finals I pinned Bob Swift. Consolation finals I lost to Lenox's Todd Parrish 7-2.

1. Gabe Venz (Don't remember)
2. Michael Bucklin Colfax Mingo
3. Todd Parrish Lenox
4. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
5. Kevin Trulinger Mount Ayr
6. Bob Swift (Don't remember)
7. Tade Kracklio Wilton
8. Marcus "Buddy" Lewis (Don't remember)

SEVENTH GRADE 
Districts were held at Oskaloosa. I took 4th place.  First round I won by fall. Second round I lost 12-0 to Kory Morrow of Oskaloosa. Third round I won the qualifying match. Next round I lost to take fourth.

1. Kory Morrow Oskaloosa
2. Jordan Swayne Twin Cedars
3. Forget
4. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney

AAU's were held at Cedar Rapids. I went 0-2. Got my ass handed to me by Justin Jordan of Iowa City, City High something like 15-2. I then lost 7-6 to some kid I never should have lost to.

I know Justin Jordan of Iowa City, City High  took 3rd or 4th. Can't remember the rest.

EIGHTH GRADE 
Districts were held at Oskaloosa. I took 4th place.  First round I won by fall. Second round Cody Kauzlarich of Centerville beat me 10-1. Third round I beat a kid from Fairfield 5-4.  Fourth round I had to forfeit to Clay Wells of WACO because of an injury.

1. Jake Neuzil Highland-Riverside
2. Cody Kauzlarich Centerville
3. Clay Wells WACO
4. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney

AAU's were held at Cedar Rapids. I did not participate due to injury.

1. Andrew Anderson (forget)
2. Andy Fry Louisa-Muscatine
5. Cody Kauzlarich Centerville

I want to say that Jake Neuzil placed too, but I don't know what.


FRESHMAN 
Sectionals were held at Belle Plaine high school.  First round I lost 16-0 technical fall to Jason Helterbran of Pekin. First round consolation I won 15-5 against a kid from Montezuma. 5th place match, I lost 8-5 to Nick Sauceda of Cardinal.   Did not qualify for Districts.

1. Kevin Kurvoski Belle Plaine
2. Bart Little Tri-County
3. Jason Helterbran Pekin
4. ????
5. Nick Sauceda Cardinal
6. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney

Kurvoski and Little both finished 1st-2nd at Districts and then went on to finish 1st-2nd at State as well.

SOPHOMORE 
Sectionals were held at Iowa Valley. First round I lost to Joel DeVore of North Mahaska 12-8.  First round consolation I received a bye.  5th place match I defeated Caleb Schaffner of English Valleys 8-1.  Did not qualify for Districts.

1. Jesse Drahos Belle Plaine
2. Darys Kreigle Iowa Valley
3. Nate Clubb Tri-County
4. Joel DeVore North Mahaska
5. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
6. Caleb Schaffner English Valleys

Drahos won both Districts and State. He upset Alex Grunder of Wilton in the finals.


JUNIOR 
Sectionals were held at Belle Plaine. I lost 5-4 to Ryan Lewis of Lynnville-Sully. In the third place match I lost 11-10 to Iowa Valley's Wade Kimm.  I did not qualify for Districts.

1. Steve Carl Belle Plaine
2. Ryan Lewis Lynnville-Sully
3. Wade Kimm Iowa Valley
4. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
5. Joe Linder Montezuma
6. Darren Heidt North Mahaska

Districts was....
1. Nic Chiri New London
2. Some kid from Columbus
3. Steve Carl Belle Plaine
4. Ryan Lewis Lynnville-Sully

Chiri ended up taking 4th at State.

SENIOR
Sectionals were held at WACO. I won by fall over Kyle Carpenter of Wapello.  I lost 10-3 to Daniel Garrett of Cardinal. I won by fall over Brandon Ball of Columbus. I took third place. I finished one match shy of qualifying for districts.

1. Jordan Terrill Louisa-Muscatine
2. Daniel Garrett Cardinal
3. Stephen Stonebraker Sigourney
4. Brandon Ball Columbus
5. Kyle Carpenter Wapello
6. Dan Taylor Pekin

Districts was....

1. Cory Ferguson Montezuma
2. Brandon Kurvoski Belle Plaine
3. Jordan Terrill Louisa-Muscatine
4. Daniel Garrett Cardinal

A kid from Tipton won the State tournament. Both Ferguson and Kurvoski finished one match shy of placing.


Also wrestled at Freestyle State my sophomore year. Had no one in my qualifying bracket at Oskaloosa, so I qualified automatically. I went 0-2 at the tournament. Forget the first kid that beat me and then I lost 11-1 technical fall to Brandon Mason of Lewis-Central Council Bluffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment